Meetings are usually the second Thursday of the month, at 9:30 a.m., at Mary’s Market, 4431 East State Street, Rockford, Illinois 61108 at 9:30am-11:30am.
We are working on:
- Information about Illinois’ new voter law and how it might impact us as Deputy Registrars (DR).
- Current situation with automated voter registration.
- Scheduling future events; Survey comfort level? time commitment? willingness to travel?
- Upcoming Big Event!!! Tuesday, September 28th is National Voter Registration Day. I want to plan an area wide event when our DRs set up in various locations across Rockford and Boone and Winnebago counties. Maybe area libraries, community centers, public buildings, your suggestions. We could advertise our locations and times in advance. A registration blitz. PR ideas?
- Registration in schools, of course.
- Other registration options?
- Rebuild relationships with coalition partners. Churches, non-profits, local organizations.
- Anything you would like to discuss–ideas, suggestions
I personally invite you to join us. We could use your help. Looking forward to seeing you again! Chair: Carol Davies.