Making Democracy Work for All of Us!
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Breaking News Learn More
- Issues of importance
Gallery Learn More
- What's going on in the local League?
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Download the LWVGR membership info brochure.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Local League Officers and Committees Learn More
- What is your passion? How do you get involved in the Local League?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
THE VOTER Learn More
- The VOTER is our monthly newsletter.
Visit the National League
Visit the Illinois State League
L. to R. Jeanne Claeys, Marissa Liebling of the Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, Amy Nyman as Suffragist and LWVGR founder Julia Lathrop, and Elsie Janson on Feb. 5 at the League's event, 'The Right to Vote and the Rockford Connection'. Elsie and Jeanne were honored for their years of work as voter registrars. Missing from the photo are speakers Dr. Catherine Forslund, Mayor Larry Morrisey, and Dr. Robert Head, President of Rockford University.