Making Democracy Work for All of Us!
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Breaking News Learn More
- Issues of importance
Gallery Learn More
- What's going on in the local League?
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Download the LWVGR membership info brochure.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Local League Officers and Committees Learn More
- What is your passion? How do you get involved in the Local League?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
THE VOTER Learn More
- The VOTER is our monthly newsletter.
An Article V Convention: A Viable Path Towards Amending the Constitution Forum Well Attended October 22
Assistant State's Attorney Marilyn Hite-Ross moderated as Dr. Scott LaDeur, Political Science professor at Benedictine University and Representative Linda Chapa LaVia (D-83) debate the merits of an Article V convention of the states for the purpose of proposing amendments to the US Constitution to reverse the effects of the Citizens United decision at the Rockford Public Library East Branch Community Room.
Dr. Scott LaDeur, IL Rep Linda Chapa LaVia (Aurora), Marilyn Hite-Ross, Asst State's Attorney, Elizabeth Lindquist, Campaign Finance Reform Chair, Ann Dempsey, LWVGR President