Making Democracy Work for All of Us!
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Local Candidate Forum
Join the League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford and the YWCA Northwestern Illinois in learning more about Judicial, County Clerk, and Winnebago County Sheriff Candidates for the November 6th Election.
Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:30 p.m.
YWCA Northwestern Illinois
4990 East State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Due to capacity restrictions, seats are limited and registration is required in order to attend this event. Please register today as seats will fill up.
The LWVGR Election Guide
Voter registration and elections page
Visit the Great Neighborhoods website for all you need to know about city and county services, plus more!
Download your May 2018 Newsletter
League Members on the ballot in November 2018.
Sara Dady will run for the 16th Congressional House Seat.
Ann Dempsey will run to fill a vacancy on the 17th Judicial Circuit Court.
Your Congress Needs your Input!
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
VOTER Newsletter Gallery Learn More
- The monthly newsletter of the LWVGR. New issues appear the 15th of the month.
LWVGR News Learn More
- Issues of importance
LWVGR Donation Opportunities Learn More
- There are several ways the League can accept your support!
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Download the LWVGR membership info brochure.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Local League Officers and Committees Learn More
- What is your passion? How do you get involved in the Local League?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Annual Reports Learn More
- The LWVGR issues annual reports 30 days before the June annual meeting.